Engage employees to do good!
Our Corporate Volunteering Program is essential to our wider fundraising strategy, as it develops important relationships which lead to long-term support in the future. Corporate Volunteer programs provide an opportunity for skill exchange whilst working with for-profit organisations that share similar values. The role will require a highly driven individual to develop and coordinate volunteer programmes with a wide range of corporations.
- Research and approach potential for-profit organisations with similar ethos to PROJECT-E to identify opportunities for work-based volunteering.
- Successfully place volunteers with suitable skills into applicable organisations.
- Research and draft corporate volunteering policies and procedures.
- Participation and creation of networking activities.
- Co-ordination of workplace and corporate volunteering programs.
- An opportunity to develop professional skills and practical experience in an international non- governmental organization.
- The possibility of making a substantial difference in the lives of 90 young women per year.
- Access to Project-E Learning Academy, a variety of high-quality professional courses.
- The option to volunteer on-site at the hospitality institute in Addis Ababa after getting to know the organization as a web-based volunteer, as well as the possibility of becoming a department head or part of the management board as you grow with the organization.
- Bi-annual strategy weekends to connect with other like-minded professionals.
Skills & Languages
- Experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Managing relationships with commercial organisations.
- Knowledge of governance concerning commercial contracts (Desirable)
- Strong and meticulous research skills.
- The ability to influence and persuade.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable working independently with the ability to collaborate with an International Team.
- Interest in a long-term commitment to PROJECT-E
- Experience of working in the INGO Sector but not essential.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
About the Non-Profit
We want to make an impact – a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals, but the entire society. Higher education is key to economic development and ultimately the escape from poverty – that is what we have dedicated ourselves to. Increasing the skill and knowledge level of women is our ultimate goal in order to enable them to live an independent and self-determined life.
Besides this project goal in Ethiopia, the PROJECT-E team in Europe has its agenda as well: Empowering others to empower ourselves. We are all students and young professionals working voluntarily in our free time for this goal – we all share a great responsibility, which allows us to develop our skills in leadership, project management, and determination. Hopefully, we can continue to motivate young people from all kinds of backgrounds to get involved – there is no better way of challenging yourself and investing in your personal development.
PROJECT-E was founded with the idea of improving the career prospects of women in Ethiopia back in 2009. The woman from deprived family background seldom gets the chance for a self-determined and financially independent life. Women require further support for a chance to determine their lives independently. PROJECT-E supports women from socially disadvantaged backgrounds and orphans in the development of their personality and their competence.
Submit technical question via support form.Support